3 Big Mistakes Keeping You from Real Change
As we enter the home stretch of 2019, it isn’t too farfetched to guess that more than a few of you are feeling the overwhelm of the upcoming holiday season and, if you have kids, the new school year. The drive that keeps you going week in and week out can be so, so easily halted by any number of things in our own minds: fear, exhaustion, and even perfectionism.
Last month I had the honor of talking about this very subject at the Lucy Hobbs Project You event put on by the University of Detroit Mercy. So before these last few months of the year leave you feeling too burnt out, I want to ignite a fire in your soul.
In the course of my short but informative talk, I discuss 3 common mistakes we make that can sabotage our ability to create change in our life. Stay tuned through the end of this episode to learn about the free downloadable exercise you can find on my site right now. It will help you figure out where exactly you’re running into these limiting fears in your life and how you can push past them.
As well, the next cohort for my Ascend Mastermind is currently open for enrollment! It’s a great way to gain support and accountability while you work on creating the business and life you want. Learn more and schedule a call at http://www.kellytravis.net/ascend.
The Details of This Episode:
- What a recent study told us about how many people in the United States actually feel happy.
- How fear is THE major factor in keeping us from pursuing the major changes we need to make in our life in order to feel more fulfilled.
- Taking a closer look at how our own brains can set us up to fail—and why we need to take a stand against those limiting thoughts.
- I relate the moment I chose to stand up to the fear holding me back and take control of my life.
- Accepting that there’s no one size fits all approach to self-improvement: it takes time, trial and error to find a strategy that works best for you.
- What it means to be wary of the “barracuda” in your life.
- TAKE ACTION: Go to http://www.kellytravis.net/21 and take my free exercise that will allow you to identify the problem areas in your life and what you can do gain ground in your development.
“The people who make big changes in their life, they don’t wanna do it, but they get to that next level because they do.”
“Motivation is like kindling—you only need a little spark!”
“Health and wellbeing is not just cardio and kale… it’s what your relationships are like.”
“Done is better than perfect.”
Subscribe and Review
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m rolling out a new episode each week and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra inspired, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!